What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is the process of improving the esthetic and restorative aspects of your smile through the use of a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures. When seeing University Oaks Dental for a smile makeover, she takes into consideration:
- Your facial appearance
- Skin tone
- Hair color
- Color, width, length, and shape of your teeth
- Health and appearance of your gum tissue and lips
What Procedures are Included in a Smile Makeover?
There are a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures included in a smile makeover. Some of the more popular are:
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are thin shells made of either porcelain or composite resin that get custom made to fit over your teeth. Dental veneers help provide you with a natural, attractive look by fixing teeth with chips, stains, or that are worn down. University Oaks Dental also uses dental veneers to fix misaligned, uneven, or abnormally spaced teeth.
- Composite Bonding: Bonding is the cosmetic alternative to traditional amalgam fillings. University Oaks Dental uses a tooth-colored composite resin to repair your damaged teeth.
- Tooth Implants: Tooth implants are titanium posts that get surgically positioned into your jawbone beneath your gum line to act as prosthetic tooth roots. Tooth implants enable University Oaks Dental to replace missing teeth without damaging healthy teeth and without the need for dentures.
- Teeth Whitening: Many factors cause your teeth to lose brightness and look yellow. Teeth whitening is a simple process that uses special tooth bleaches to break stains into smaller pieces. Teeth whitening makes the stains less concentrated so your teeth look brighter.
- Gingival Recontouring: Also known as a gum lift, gingival recontouring helps improve the margin height, symmetry, and shape of your gum tissue. In order to have this done, your gums must be free from inflammation.
Why Should You Have a Smile Makeover?
You can choose to have a smile makeover for a number of reasons, including to:
- Fix chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth
- Restore your bite
- Return the muscles that control your jaw movement to their natural position
To improve your self-esteem through a smile makeover, call or make an appointment online today at University Oaks Dental in Houston, Texas.